Jump to Navigation
John Glassman, P.A. Guardianship & Conservatorship Probate Estate Planning
850-542-0356 1127 N Palafox St, Pensacola, FL  32501  850-542-0356 1127 N Palafox St, Pensacola, FL  32501

Pensacola Guardianship Lawyer

Helping You Help Your Loved One

Under Florida law, you must obtain guardianship of the person and guardianship of the property to be granted the right to make decisions regarding a loved one's personal and property-related needs. In other states, guardianship of the property is referred to as conservatorship. That is not the case in Florida.

If you want the power to oversee a family member's affairs because of age, medical condition or special needs, an experienced lawyer can help. I have more than 20 years of experience establishing guardianship for people in Pensacola and the Florida Panhandle.

Guardianship for Ill, Injured or Elderly Family Members

These situations can escalate quickly. Tough decisions may need to be made immediately. I can assist you in establishing an emergency guardianship as necessary so you have the power to make these tough decisions on your loved one's behalf. Has a parent been diagnosed with dementia? Whether you are considering checking your loved one into a nursing home or you simply need the power to address personal and financial issues, obtaining guardianship may be a necessity. The same is true if a loved one is dealing with a catastrophic illness or injury. A lot of doctors refuse to treat people they consider incapacitated without the permission of a guardian.

I have the experience to address all related issues, including advance directives and the purchase of prepaid burial plans. Even in nonemergency situations, these matters can get complex and time is of the essence. I know how to move through the system efficiently and effectively to do what is right for you, your loved one and your family.

Guardianship for Special Needs Children and Adults

While the procedure for obtaining guardianship is essentially the same in every case, the issues involved can vary dramatically. My experience means I am aware of all possible issues and how to address them. In cases involving guardianship for special needs children and adults, the issue of preserving Medicaid benefits is extremely important. For example, how can a person with special needs receive an inheritance without jeopardizing his or her Medicaid benefits? My experience in the areas of guardianship and probate means I address this issue frequently, as well as all others that may surface as I guide you through the process of obtaining guardianship.

Guardianship Is a Long-Term Commitment

Guardians make a long-term commitment. I make that commitment as well. After I establish a guardianship, I will be available to work with you to address issues you may encounter while managing your loved one's affairs. I can also assist with all estate planning.

Contact an Escambia County Conservatorship Attorney for a Free Initial Consultation

To discuss your case personally with experienced Pensacola guardianship attorney John Glassman, call me at 850-542-0356 or send me an e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation.


John Glassman, P.A.
1127 N. Palafox Street
Pensacola, FL 32501
Phone: 850-542-0356
Fax: 850-435-8882
Map and Directions